SV: [governance] CNAS Commentary: "The Internet Yalta"

David Allen David_Allen_AB63 at post.harvard.edu
Tue Feb 12 10:08:09 EST 2013

Wolfgang's narrative is most helpful, insightful - and enjoyed.  Thanks.

There is a larger context, in the history.  The struggle over whether
the 'ITU gets the Internet' goes back, at least a decade before WSIS
was even a gleam in the eye ...  A Cold War, just precipitated?  WCIT
is only the latest eruption - over a couple decades plus now, one
where 'our side' did not come out in the majority.  Stay tuned for
next rounds.  Better yet, get out in front of it, thoughtfully.

History  matters, as Wolfgang's makes clear.  Equally, seeing that
history it its full sweep.  If there is to be prospect for decent
outcomes, anyway.

David