[governance] caucus contribution, consultation and MAG meeting

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Feb 12 08:21:03 EST 2013

On Tuesday 12 February 2013 03:20 AM, Norbert Bollow wrote:
> [IGC Coordinator hat on]
>
> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 I wrote:
>> Given that only a week is remaining until the submission deadline,
>> let's have an internal deadline of February 10 for suggesting points
>> to add or raising concerns about parts of the draft text.
> Paragraphs 21 and 22
> ====================
> Current text of paragraph 21: "New theme: Internet rights and
> principles. One day, perhaps same format as suggested for enhanced
> cooperation.  Or try something different. There was a proposal in Baku
> to summarize all (national/regional/sectoral) “IG Declarations on
> Principles” (25+) of the last three years and to produce a “compendium”
> as a first step towards something like a multistakeholder framework of
> commitments on Internet Governance Principles.
A 'MS framework of commitments of IG principles' was just one of the
several proposals on the way/ manner to go forward with developing
Internet principles, and the nature of the ultimate output of the
process. There are many others. I do not agree to use one specific
proposal in this direction in the common IGC proposal... There are
people for instance who have at earlier times sought a framework
convention on the Internet (ITfC, IGP, APC). So lets not associate our
statement with one particular approach, about which, for one, I have
specific and clear reservations.

parminder