[governance] Civil Society speaker slots at WSIS+10 in Paris

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Mon Feb 4 13:28:44 EST 2013

[IGC Coordinator hat on]

Could we have a quick show of hands/emails please who (besides myself)
will be in Paris for the WSIS+10 event including in particular the
opening session and is

* interested in being considered for representing civil society in the
  opening session or other such speaking slots that might become
  available (as a way to provide diversity in a practical way and to
  acknowledge this large constituency symbolically, ideally we should
  have two civil society representatives in each such session, but I
  don't know whether the organizers will agree with that principle), and

* willing to consult as broadly as reasonably possible among civil
  society on points to make (such consultation needs to be broader than
  just the IGC, as WSIS+10 is topically much broader than Internet
  Governance - perhaps there is a reasonable way to quickly form an
  informal "Civil Society Caucus for the Information Society"), and

* willing and able to make points that are clear and make an impact
  (empty container speeches and repetitions of what everyone else has
  been saying are neither interesting nor useful for moving things
  forward)

?

Greetings,
Norbert