[governance] Civil society representatives for key committees for the Brazil meeting

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Sat Dec 21 07:24:16 EST 2013

Forwarding this from the BestBits list since the IGC does not currently
have a liaison officer on that civil society IG coordination group.

Greetings,
Norbert

Beginn der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:

Datum: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 10:55:42 +0800
Von: Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org>
An: Carolina <carolina.rossini at gmail.com>
Cc: Best Bits <bestbits at lists.bestbits.net>
Betreff: Re: [bestbits] [discuss] Call: 1net and Brazil meeting
representatives from the Internet Technical Community

Similarly the civil society IG coordination group that was used for the
HLP and 1net nominations will be commencing a process for recommending
appointees to the Brazil meeting committees.  As the current liaison
between Best Bits and that group, I am writing to update you of the
proposed timetable which we are discussing for the nominations:

Call for nominations – December 22
Close of nominations – January 6

Some more of the minutia about the coordinating group process and
criteria have been been posted to the "summit" list.  So, please stay
tuned for a call for nominations for the two Brazil committees
tomorrow.  Also, this is just about the last opportunity if anyone
wants to take my place on the coordinating committee, otherwise I will
remain in place for now.

On 21 Dec 2013, at 3:06 am, Carolina <carolina.rossini at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: George Sadowsky <george.sadowsky at gmail.com>
>> Date: December 20, 2013 at 1:03:02 PM EST
>> To: discuss at 1net.org
>> Subject: [discuss] Call: 1net and Brazil meeting representatives
>> from the Internet Technical Community
>>
>> All,
>>
>> This message and its pointers contain the information for submitting
>> nominations to the 1net Steering Committee and to the Brazil meeting
>> committees from the Internet Technical Community.   The information
>> pointed to includes the process that is used by this community to
>> evaluate the nominations and select the representatives.
>>
>> The Internet Society (ISOC) is coordinating the process leading to
>> appointments to represent the Internet technical community in two of
>> the “Brazil Planning Committees” and in the “1net Steering
>> Committee”. The “Brazil Planning Committees” will contribute to the
>> preparation of a "Global Multistakeholder Meeting on the Future of
>> Internet Governance" that will be held on 23 and 24 April 2014, in
>> Sao Paulo, Brazil. The two major tasks of “1net Steering Committee”
>> will be (1) to liaise with stakeholder communities and encourage
>> participation and submission of productive ideas with respect to
>> Internet governance issues; and (2) to steer, manage, and otherwise
>> lead the activities of the 1net platform towards a productive
>> understanding and possibly consensus with respect to these issues.
>> Individuals interested in being suggested by the NomCom set up for
>> this purpose are invited to read more about the process and the
>> timeline here:
>>
>> http://www.internetsociety.org/sites/default/files/Call1netBR-ForPublication.pdf
>>
>> The deadline for submitting expressions of interest is 10 January
>> 2014.
>> Any questions or requests for additional information can be sent to:
>> information.itcg at gmail.com.

Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer
Consumers International | the global campaigning voice for consumers
Lot 5-1 Wisma WIM, 7 Jalan Abang Haji Openg, TTDI, 60000 Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia Tel: +60 3 7726 1599

Explore our new Resource Zone - the global consumer movement knowledge
hub |http://www.consumersinternational.org/news-and-media/resource-zone

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org |
www.facebook.com/consumersinternational

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless
necessary.

WARNING: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly
recommended to enable PGP or S/MIME encryption at your end. For
instructions, see http://jere.my/l/8m.