[governance] All power should be in the hands of the engineers? (was Re: HLLM in LOndon - CS reps)

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Wed Dec 11 19:39:25 EST 2013

+1

George Sadowsky [11/12/13 14:11 -0500]:
>David makes good points.
>
>I agree with David that ISOC does things that a typical civil society
organization would do, and it could be classified as such.  At the same
time, it funds the premier standards setting organizations for the
Internet, and so also has a technical role.  Also, within the UN and IGF
stakeholder environment  -- which I agree is a narrow role  --  it
coordinates the nominations process for representatives to various
stakeholder groups.