[governance] Fwd: [bestbits] Call for expressions of interest: 1net steering committee

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Fri Dec 6 00:27:13 EST 2013

Just in case Sala is travelling, and since doesn't seem to have been a thread about this here, please note that there is an ongoing call for nominations for 5 civil society representatives to the steering committee of the 1net dialogue, and that the IGC is expected to be discussing this, alongside discussions that are going on in the other networks mentioned in Ian's message below.

The names are sought by midnight UTC this Sunday, and in case the participating civil society networks choose more than five different names, the coordination group that comprises one representative from each of them will try to bring them down to a consensus list of five.

I'm not trying to preempt Sala's liaison role but just didn't want the IGC to be unaware of this in case she is travelling and can't post to the list.  So for those who are not on Best Bits, NCSG, etc but who have names to contribute, perhaps you could do so in this thread and/or to Sala.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Ian Peter" <ian.peter at ianpeter.com>
> Subject: Re: [bestbits] Call for expressions of interest: 1net steering committee
> Date: 6 December 2013 6:33:54 am GMT+2
> To: "Ian Peter" <ian.peter at ianpeter.com>, "Anja Kovacs" <anja at internetdemocracy.in>, "Carolina Rossini" <carolina.rossini at gmail.com>
>
> and just to be clear – this is for appointments to 1net steering committee, not for Brazil.  CS will be doing its own nominations for Brazil, not through 1net, but not yet. Despite Adiel’s announcement elsewhere it is confirmed that Brazil has not asked for reps yet or set a deadline. So we can do that later.
>
> 5 people need to be appointed, representing all of civil society, for 1net steering.  I am not sure myself, given this is an ongoing initiative quite independent of Brazil, whether we should necessarily  keep all current reps for Brazil on 1net steering.
>
> Calls have gone out here, in APC, via Diplo, and NCSG. Not sure where the call on IGC list it, I might have missed it but Sala can advise. IN any case please make sure IGC list people who may not be reading here are aware.
>
> Nominations close midnight UTC Monday.
>
> Ian Peter

Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer
Consumers International | the global campaigning voice for consumers
Tel: +60 3 7726 1599

Explore our new Resource Zone - the global consumer movement knowledge hub |http://www.consumersinternational.org/news-and-media/resource-zone

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org | www.facebook.com/consumersinternational

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.

WARNING: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly recommended to enable PGP or S/MIME encryption at your end. For instructions, see http://jere.my/l/8m.