[governance] DMP} Statement on Process and Objectives for the Global Multistakeholder Meeting on the Future of Internet Governance

Guru गुरु Guru at ITforChange.net
Mon Dec 2 01:40:06 EST 2013

On 12/02/2013 11:05 AM, Lee W McKnight wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Belatedly joining the discussion again.
>
> First, agreeing with Milton we need to be precise about which -level
> of analysis - and which - laws - we are talking about. As Karl points
> out, again, California non-profit law is not bad; he only wishes ICANN
> would follow it more closely : )

Whether good or bad, Californian law is CALIFORNIAN law.  When I have no
role in making that law, why should I follow it (a very basic political
principle).

(Dear Lee,
If I had not met/interacted with you, I would have thought you were a
neo-colonialist:-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neocolonialism)

for developing countries, resisting digital colonialism is an important
imperative, something global civil society could/should be sensitive to.

regards,
Guru