[governance] RE: [bestbits] What is 1Net? Blog post by Paul Wilson of APNIC

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 13:26:41 EST 2013

Thanks Paul,

What about my argument (made concerning Internet users) that I made in my
blogpost on Internet Justice
<http://gurstein.wordpress.com/2013/11/27/internet-justice-a-meme-whose-time
-has-come/>

Much of the discussion to date has focused on "Internet users" as the most
general category.  The problem with this of course, is that it excludes
those and still a majority of the world's population -  who, for whatever
reason are not able or willing to use the Internet. Meanwhile, given the
global reach and penetration of the Internet even those currently unable or
uninterested in "using" the Internet are equally impacted by it.  Based on
simple principles of democratic participation even they should have some say
in how the Internet is deployed and managed in relation to matters of most
general concern.

We are all now citizens of an Internet-enabled world whether we are "users"
or not.