[governance] WGEC - Questionnaire

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 14:20:16 EDT 2013

Hi Sala,
The deadline for this questionnaire 15th August - unless they changed it
and I didn't notice. I think the ISOC one is the end of the month.
I agree with Norbert and McTim  - I'm against the idea of submitting a
"corporate" response - although being able to see a profile/overview within
the list of the range of  IGC members' replies might be helpful.
I'm wondering how much our attempts to see ourselves as a "corporate
entity" rather than simply as a useful discussion space is  contributing to
our current troubles?
Deirdre

On 12 August 2013 03:44, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro <
salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> The Working Group on Enhanced Cooperation in its recent questionnaire has
> invited public input. Individuals are free to provide your input directly
> on the link that Joy kindly provided, see:
> http://unctad.org/en/Pages/CSTD.aspx
> There is something to be gained in filling it corporately as an IGC as it
> will enable us to see how others view and appreciate diverse perspectives
> although this has been subjected to rigorous debate in the past. I believe
> though that we can collaborate and coordinate a response as an IGC. To this
> end here are some extracts of the questions, and we invite your response.
>
> In submitting your response, please do so by putting your name eg.
>
> Q. What is the tallest building?
>
> [Sala T] The tallest building is.......
>
> (This will help us consolidate the feedback. We can leave this open for 7
> days to allow us to develop a draft response which will be put to the list
> for further comment.)
>
> 2. What do you think is the significance, purpose and scope of enhanced
> cooperation as per the Tunis Agenda? a) Significance b) Purpose c) Scope *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> 3. To what extent has or has not enhanced cooperation been implemented?
> Please use the space below to explain and to provide examples to support
> your answer. *
>

> *
> *
> 4. What are the relevant international public policy issues pertaining to
> the Internet? *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> 5. What are the roles and responsibilities of the different stakeholders,
> including governments, in implementation of the various aspects of enhanced
> cooperation? *
> *
> *
> *
> *
> 7. How can enhanced cooperation enable other stakeholders to carry out
> their roles and responsibilities? *
>
> 8. What are the most appropriate mechanisms to fully implement enhanced
> cooperation as recognized in the Tunis Agenda, including on international
> public policy issues pertaining to the Internet and public policy issues
> associated with coordination and management of critical Internet resources?
> *
>

> 9. What is the possible relationship between enhanced cooperation and the
> IGF? *
>

> 10. How can the role of developing countries be made more effective in
> global Internet governance? *
>

> 11. What barriers remain for all stakeholders to fully participate in
> [...]

“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979