[governance] CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY AND THE INTERNET

International Ivission ivissioninternational at yahoo.fr
Mon Aug 12 12:53:12 EDT 2013

Hi Enviado,

In the past we have seen cases where dictators shut
down the entire network in their country during sensitive periods like
elections!
This is a voluntary and malicious act that can be
proven and the source detected.
Be it DDoS or a total black out, the damage is beyond
repairs and someone should pay for it.
This does not exclude the fact that for some extreme
cases, the Internet could be frozen in a given time, but this again should be
given a legal backing either by ICANN, ITU etc. depending on who is who in the
Internet governance.

Imagine that the city of Tehran or Kinshassa or New
York or Hong Kong is denied access to water just for a week simply because one
man or a group of malicious individuals want it to be so?
The number of incidents and casualties will not be
different from genocide.
Today we eat, drink and respire the Internet, and most
of all, THE INTERNET IS FOR EVERYONE

The question of the day should be?

-          What
should we do to empower the infrastructures and institutions in place to humanize
the Internet and attribute a living and healthy environment to it
-          How can
the concept of net neutrality and the freedom of the Internet be protected?
-          In the
same way world leaders are struggling to combat climate change by humanizing
the Internet, we should be pondering on how to render the Internet sustainable
for the next generation of users.

___________________________________
Asama Abel Excel
President and CEO
I-VISSION INTERNATIONAL
3rd Floor immeuble Centre Médical de Bessengué
 Box 13040 Blvd de la rep., Feu Rouge Bessengué
Douala Cameroon
E: ivissioninternational at yahoo.fr / excelasama at yahoo.fr : info at ivission.net
T (bur): +237 33 76 55 76  (Mob): 99 44 43 91 / 76 14 26 23Skype (office): i-vission (personal): excelasama Web: www.ivission.net
Web album: www.flickr.com/ivission