[governance] WGEC: Questionnaire on internet governance

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Mon Aug 12 03:20:07 EDT 2013

Joy <joy at apc.org> wrote:

> Hi all - as noted last week, the deadline for submission of responses
> to the WGEC questionnaire is 31 August. The questionnaire itself can
> be found here: http://unctad.org/en/Pages/CSTD.aspx
> I may have missed the discussion, but wondering: is the caucus
> considering posting a response?

While I'm sure that many members of the caucus are planning to submit a
response, either in their personal capacity or to express the
perspective of some advocacy organization they engage in, I don't think
that it would make sense to spend a lot of time on wordsmithing the
relative generalities that civil society as a whole will be in
agreement on. I think that it is the variety of responses that is
going to make this questionnaire exercise valuable; what would be the
benefit of civil society trying to agree on a single set of answers?

Greetings,
Norbert

--
Recommendations for effective and constructive participation in IGC:
1. Respond to the content of assertions and arguments, not to the person