[governance] Let's focus on the task at hand - we have an IGF in 2 months...

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Sat Aug 10 14:47:05 EDT 2013

At 19:18 10/08/2013, Robert Guerra wrote:
>Let's not lose track of a key task at hand - preparing for the 2013
>Internet Governance Forum (IGF) that will be taking place in ...
>about 2 months time in Bali, Indonesia. There's a lot of
>co-ordination and collaboration that is needed for the meeting to be
>a success.
>
>Either try to work together in a collaborative and strategic fashion
>or realize that this list's purpose has come to an end and realize that.

IMHO the list's purpose has NOT come to an end, but to a flexion.
This purpose translates in a doctrine. Without a doctrine one cannot
build a strategy. The point is that we are not the masters of that
flexion which is mainly led by the private sector reassessing their
relation with the sovereign domain. The international organizations
are also triggered by the sovereign domain as Norbert documented it,
on a matter (the cloud) coliding with the US private sector strategy
due to the Snowden's wistle.

In that situation we have obtained/are opposed the HLLM. Probably in
order to consider how to oppose our concerns and the concerns of the
non-US industries/interests (it will probably be continuation of the
Global Telecom Treaty meeting last winter). Up to us now to consider
how we want to handle this, if it is an opportunity toward our
architectonic requirements (we can phrase quickly for the time being
as network neutrality to nations, traffic, services and technologies) or not.

My 2 cents.
jfc