[governance] Secret Surveillance Puts Internet Governance System at Risk

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Mon Aug 5 06:04:16 EDT 2013

It would be wrong to assume that any government at all doesn't wear multiple hats - a security service, regulators, etc all acting with a degree of independence can produce such contradictions

Still, the USA is far from being the sort of country North Korea, Iran or Saudi Arabia are.  Some perspective might actually help before tarring all governments with the same brush.  Or before assuming that each and every government entity moves in lockstep with the other.

Lacking that perspective would perhaps show almost as much naïveté

--srs (iPad)