[governance] Digital restrictions management in HTML standards

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sun Apr 28 20:37:19 EDT 2013

On Monday 29 April 2013 04:10 AM, Avri Doria wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have personally signed and would support a statement if we could say something that like:
>
> "
> The IGC is ...*.
> The participants in the IGC support this petition.
>
> signed
> {set of those who endorse - individuals and organizational participants}
> "
>
> Any more and we would probably be involved in substantive issues.

Is a bar being put to IGC supporting and making substantive positions,
and with that intention getting into discussing substantive issues... If
so, it will be good to know. Apart from the fact that IGC has made
substantive positions in the past, and endorsed those of others, making
an explicit decision now not to do so any more makes it quite
unproductive for many of us to spend a lot if time here.

parminder