[governance] Internet as a commons/ public good

Riaz K Tayob riaz.tayob at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 15:10:36 EDT 2013

On 2013/04/26 01:35 PM, McTim wrote:
> I suspect that over 90% of the people on this list are "single-rooters".
>
> How would you propose to "deal" with that?

To insist upon issues of governmental legitimacy, to reserve the right
(within procedures and accepted practice) to define the terms of the
terms of engagement, to ensure that 'our' interests are represented,
work to ensure compliance to countermajoritarian principles of democracy
(avoiding the tyranny of the majority so to speak) and not to have
single rooters have the monopoly of definition of issues (in postie
terms, voice and representation) while ensuring values convergence with
like-minded allies. But you of all people don't need a gameplan for
political economy issues :)

Practically it has ranged from eye for an eye through to robust reasoned
discourse. With a healthy serving of everything in between. And meeting
some wonderful people on this list.

Bon.

Riaz