[governance] Internet as a commons/ public good

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Apr 26 07:59:53 EDT 2013

Hi,

Good questions.

Even an old one like me isn't sure.

I think one Rooters are people that believe in, above all (almost,) that the Internet must have a single unique root otherwise it will fail.

I think Third Worldist might be defined as people who beleive that the Third World countries/people, for some definition of Third World, are being denied access to the Internet because of the action of coorporate greed.  Or something like that.

As for the other two that I asked about.  I made those up, but if we are creating categories to drop people into, I felt we needed more categories.

2nd Wayist would be those who beleive that for just about any oppositional situation, there is another way to look at it, even though they may not know what it is yet.

and

4th Optionists, after the 1 Rooters, the 2nd Wayeist, the 3rd Worders, they are people who would think they know the option that moves beyond the other 3.

In this categorization, if we all had to move to our corner of the room, I would be a 2nd Wayist.  There has got to be another way , but for the life of me I can't seem to define it.

avri