[governance] abuse by the coordinator

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Thu Apr 25 11:21:16 EDT 2013

[with IGC coordinator hat on]

Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

> I call upon members of this list to protest this arbitrary and biased
> action.

No quantity of informal protesting (in fact, nothing short of a formal
decision by the Appeals Team to the contrary) will change the fact that
I read your sentence “I hope IGC does not waste further time on this
statement, and be forewarned that if it does I will not allow anyone to
misrepresent it as a civil society position” as containing a threat,
and hence a violation of the IGC posting rules.

If you wish this assessment, and the decision to send a private
warning (which was based on that assessment), to be reviewed by the
Appeals Team, the process to achieve that starts by stating explicitly
that you wish to appeal that decision. If at least three additional
IGC members support the appeal request, the decision will be considered
to be under appeal, and the Appeals Team will be requested to review it.

Greetings,
Norbert

--
Recommendations for effective and contructive participation in IGC:
1. Respond to the content of assertions and arguments, not to the person