[governance] abuse by the coordinator

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Apr 25 10:11:15 EDT 2013

Dear colleagues:
I forward this message to the list so that you can see your coordinator in action.

In the message below, my substantive comments on a debate, and a proposal to stop working on a proposed statement that is going nowhere, are characterized as an attempt to "bully IGC" and as a "threat".

But they are obviously nothing of the kind. I am arguing that the proposed statement does not address a well-defined problem, I am calling attention to the rather obvious fact that there is no consensus on the principles or definitions being debate, and I am suggesting that the whole endeavor is not worthwhile. My arguments were not insulting or ad hominem but quite substantive.

Whether or not the caucus makes a statement is fair game for debate; the fact that the coordinator is an advocate of the proposed statement seems to have biased his judgment.

This is an attempt to suppress discussion. It is Norbert who is acting as the bully here. This is unacceptable. I call upon members of this list to protest this arbitrary and biased action.

--MM