[governance] The German Federal Internet Commission Report (Der Spiegel)

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Wed Apr 24 15:39:18 EDT 2013

And if I may add to that, German commissions have a long record of significantly (and generally, wisely) shaping policy, with what we would today call 'multi-stakeholder' membership.

Perhaps we might call it a Parminderesque style in that the experts are aligned with specific political/representative/democratic blocs; albeit also requiring their own in-depth expertise to merit inclusion, such as our own Jeanette.

Commissions like this are part of Germany's own good governance secret sauce imho.

Lee