[governance] Internet as a commons/ public good

Kerry Brown kerry at kdbsystems.com
Sat Apr 20 11:27:22 EDT 2013

Defining the Internet rather narrowly as the medium doesn't preclude governing how the medium is used. Defining the medium in an abstract way allows us to discuss the governance of how the medium is used without being constrained by what the medium currently is. We can make policy decisions about things like commons and public good that are not limited because they reference a concrete thing that may change and invalidate the policy.

Kerry Brown