[governance] Web payments

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 20:43:23 EDT 2013

I've not looked at banking specifically David, but on casual observation I
would guess that you would only find formal banking in the main cities and
large towns so, yes, even 20-30% potential users is better than nothing but
it's hardly sufficient for the degree of celebration that accompanies this
in the absence of some efforts to extend service of some sort into
underserved areas.

The problem is that by "declaring victory" as appears to be the widespread
practice those outsiders not paying close enough attention think that
problems in fact are being solved when the gap between those who have and
those who don't is in fact getting wider.