[governance] appeal to the IESG over the way RFC 6852 was published

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Tue Apr 9 19:37:15 EDT 2013

For your information I have sent the following mail a few days ago to
Jari Arrko, the Chair of IETF, without any response yet. (Usually the
acknowledgment by the Chair is within a few hours).

In a nutshell: RFC 6852 (in annex in my PDF) publishes without
comments the new IETF,IAB, IEEE, W3C, ISOC paradigm to make the
internet market palatable.

The purpose of my appeal is NOT to discuss their statement. It is to
make them explain if:

- either they intent to make the internet the standardization monopoly
of a market oriented consortium they name "OpenStand" they call us to support.

- or they eventually adopt a multistakeholder approach where they
contribute for the private sector, on par with ITU (for Govs), ISO
(for intenational organisations) and a civil society "OpenUse"
innovative endeavour.

jfc

----

Dear IESG Chair and IESG Members,

For several weeks I have tried, as per RFC 2026, to avoid an appeal
concerning the way RFC 6852 was published and to consider along with
the author, now the IAB Chair, and the IETF Chair as to how to remedy
the various confusions and risks resulting from a simple quote of the
IAB, IETF, ISOC, IEEE, W3C statement as an IAB RFC, without any IAB
contextual explanation and/or an IESG disclaimer.

It seems that this effort has come to an end and that there is no
other alternative for me to formally send this appeal to the IESG
Chair in order to get things clarified with other organizations and
innovation projects like mines that, otherwise, are today prevented
from endorsing or supporting the IETF standardization paradigm.

In the coming weeks, I will try to introduce an individual submission
or two for information that could be used as a multistakeholder
experience of open cooperation between private sector and civil
society standardization efforts and help the multilogue over the
digisphere operations, management, and standardization together with
Governments and international organizations.

I thank you for your attention, and for helping a still wider enhanced
cooperation among the digisphere standardization and internet use stakeholders.

Best regards
JFC Morfin

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmx6rypqutnws5j/20130326-Appeal-IESG.pdf

----