[governance] Re: What else is discrimination?

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 13:58:42 EDT 2013

Hi Naresh,

yes, this is the "fallout" from that!

> Surprisingly, didn't see any similar togetherness amongst the IGC
> coordinators to warn members over their much more aggressive comments.

I think this is a key point.  It seems that co-co's react only to
negative comments
from one part of our "political" spectrum, as per Milton's comments.

> If one is publicly reprimanded for pointing out his concern over divisive
> agenda, & there is all possibility in accordance, it is against the basic
> principle of freedom of speech & unlike civil society fundamentals.

Agreed.

What Suresh made was a political comment along the lines of "People
who divide us from our allies in IG processes shouldn't represent CS
in those processes."  It was NOT (IMHO) a personal attack.

If the co-co's deem it so, they should perhaps take a second look at
the following text that did NOT come from Suresh:

"One keeps hoping that you and your ilk will one day learn to conduct
an open host discussion in the democratic tradition. I am sick of this
kind of petulant contemptuous responses"

"host" in the above later clarified to "honest".

I ask the co-co's...is this NOT a far worse "personal attack" than
Suresh's request to our FP?

In other words Naresh, I agree, "prosecution" does seem to be
selective, and not in the best interests of the IGC.

--
Cheers,

McTim