[governance] Message to IGC/ was formal notice to Suresh

Kerry Brown kerry at kdbsystems.com
Mon Apr 8 10:37:36 EDT 2013

While I do not wish to co-sign an appeal at this time I do think that others contributed to this problem and also deserve public notice. Moderating a list such as this is a hard job. Thank you to the moderators for taking this job on. You are doing a good job in trying circumstances. I agree that Suresh deserved a public notice and because of continued arguments about the notice may deserve a 30 day suspension. I would suggest that the whole conversation be reviewed and possibly others that contributed be given public notice as well. The general tone of conversation on this list has deteriorated from discussion/debate to arguing entrenched positions. This as much as personal comment has made me not follow some of the conversations as closely as I'd like. There is a difference between polite debate and spouting dogma which more people than Suresh don't seem to recognise.

Kerry Brown