[governance] implications of private TLDs

Anupam Agrawal anupamagrawal.in at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 21:54:49 EDT 2012

Hi Parminder

I read your article. my observations:

1.The scare quotient is quite high and for a moment if i agree with what have you said then the road ahead is missing. If the purpose of the article was to scare only, then it's fine.
2. Every business in the world lands itself into a monopolistic situation if they have taken the lead into it.  Going by that even the first printing press would have been in similar situation for some time. That's the motivation for any organisation to invest in innovation knowing that competition will catch up. Monopolistic scare is fine but I have not seen private sector monopoly lasting long enough. (State monopoly lasts longer but recent trends are also examples that they are not for ever).

Regards
Anupam Agrawal