[governance] implications of private TLDs

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Mon Sep 24 22:08:19 EDT 2012

Matthias,

Thanks for your observations. I did read the Loreal application before I
wrote the article. Stage 1 and stage 2 are what they commit to which
consists of allowing only Loreal and close partners (as selected by
Loreal) to register.... This is consistent with saying that Loreal will
be able use it like its private property..... In any case, the article
explicates the meaning of private against public use in specifically
giving the example of how a corner beauty salon would not be able to
freely seek registration under .beauty.

parminder