[governance] 3322.org seized by Microsoft from Chinese DNS service provider

Kerry Brown kerry at kdbsystems.com
Mon Sep 24 13:09:01 EDT 2012

To date this hasn't happened. For many reasons, both technical and political, I think it unlikely to happen. It's easy to change a second level record in a TLD name server or a third level record in a DNS host's name server. It's not so easy to block or redirect one second level domain or several third level domains at the root level. It would introduce more complexity at the root level.  It can certainly be done but I think it is unlikely it would be.

Kerry Brown