[governance] Shutting down the mobile phone service means that you are shutting your own eyes and ears!

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 07:13:10 EDT 2012

A story that appeared in the Pakistani Daily Dawn sheds some light on
what happened with the nation a day or two ago:

http://dawn.com/2012/09/22/cellphone-service-rehman-malik-strikes-again/

As the story goes:

One security agency official told Dawn: “Our job also became more
troublesome. We could not get in touch with each other except those of
us who were on wireless communication.”

He then narrated a story from Oct 12, 1999, when the military coup
happened. “The 111 Brigade had taken over the national
telecommunication grid and we were considering jamming the cellphone
communication also.” But he added that the military leadership
immediately realised that this would be a mistake because the officers
were using mobile phones to communicate with each other as federal
government installations were being secured.

“Shutting down the mobile phone service means that you are shutting
your own eyes and ears. Communication is the backbone of swift
intelligence operations in such crisis and rioting,” the official
said."

Yet another episode that sheds light on the "far-sightedness" and
"intelligent thinking" of this stupid jerk who JUST. WON'T. QUIT!
Rehman Malik, you are a bloody idiot.

- - FoOdaFied!