[governance] How to Block Pornographic Websites

Martial Bavou[Private Business Account] bavouc at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 16:17:26 EDT 2012

Dear All,

Blocking a website may be a very difficult task as the owner may change DNS, change IP address, or redirection. But we have today countless stuff both software and hardware, some automatically filter nude image, so even if the website is open, image are blocked. The second option is to block using keyword in your firewall, Router, Access point depending on your network configuration. You may have to keep monitoring this, and add the keyword if the website owner change his IP. The last option is to make the website IP blacklisted, this may take some time to be active.

Child Pornography is completely prohibited, for production, distribution and viewing in Cameroon, hope is the same legislation at your country level, so this case also need to be reported to your country Internet authority for prompt action.

Also, I think discussion on Child Pornography need to be discussed in Major even such as IGF, and come out with policy for immediate application.

Best Regards