[governance] Bangladesh Govt blocks YouTube

Daniel Kalchev daniel at digsys.bg
Wed Sep 19 07:12:12 EDT 2012

On 18.09.12 23:30, Fahd A. Batayneh wrote:

> Thus, I would NEVER post anything that could rage followers of a
> religion or a certain community, and if I did that unintentionally, I
> would definitely remove it.

Never say never. We learn new things all the time and often discover
that our old behavior or beliefs were.. not appropriate.

>     I know the most typical answer, "it was old times, barbarian
>     tribes, nobody knows now etc, so a different religion".
>

> Not exactly. As I stated in my earlier e-mail, historians can
> interpret history from the way they see things. Look at the Youtube
> video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtqJhvSydMU&feature=related
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtqJhvSydMU&feature=related> for a
> different view that insults no one.

I can understand the sentiment of this video. I can also understand why
it is necessary to say all these things. American made? :) The video
actually proves my point... It also has nothing to do with religion.

But this is getting way of topic. I believe it is more appropriate we
move the discussion about damages caused by religion off line. My
apologies to the list for dragging it up to here.

But if you insist that it is the same religion, I must warn everyone
around that it is *extremely dangerous* for the future of mankind. I
hope not.. (and hope leaves last)

Daniel