[governance] United Airlines 'Network Outage' Snarls Air Travel

Chaitanya Dhareshwar chaitanyabd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 05:21:51 EDT 2012

Mushroom networks has some really interesting internet bonding and sharing
appliances that may help implement redundancy with some degree of economy.

Yes it's not quite as powerful as a self healing - not even the same range
of technology - but it would help to reduce downtime drastically.

We depend on the ISP (airtel in our case) for redundancy. For example our
network downtime for the last 1 year and 8 months, has been a total of 5
minutes (give or take a few seconds) - and the network switch seems
seamless to the users.

-C