[governance] Meanwhile back at the ranch - Was Big Porn v. Big Web Ruling Could Spell Trouble for ICANN / was Re: new gTLDs

riaz.tayob at gmail.com riaz.tayob at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 09:23:26 EDT 2012

There are a number of issues with kalchevs position from my point of view.

1. No global consensus is passed off as a pure case when as far as cir goes the is an imperfect case of de facto control.
2. Saying there is no global consensus possibility unfairness the reality of choice for us seeking change... And hides the fact that certain kinds of agreements are possible... Wipo treaties, upcoming top, nafta, etc... So while the opinion of anti-multilateralism (or even any form of cooperation) may be valid, the arguments used o support this are not...
3. I wonder what you would have made of the techie single rooters arguments in this context historically...
...,...