[governance] Big Porn v. Big Web Ruling Could Spell Trouble for ICANN / was Re: new gTLDs

riaz.tayob at gmail.com riaz.tayob at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 09:09:52 EDT 2012

Thanks for this effort.

Perhaps to add to the synopsis and opinions expressed, there is one implicit angle that is not included would be. That the positions taken by par minder and other transformers is that they have already included accommodation to these concerns.

Where issues of substance cannot be adressed process solutions may be competent. Here we could consider hosting discussions (as shaped by these interactions) that are chaired sensibly so that these matters can get a hearing. That I think is challenge enough, and I hope we can make this modest advance that in light of past experience would be monumental. And here this is one of the bones of contention with reformers... Because they suffer from either or both 1 unwilling to entertain this difference, 2 do not see this even capable of discussion in these fora.

With these modest aims, given there has Been some discussion, the terrain is largely mapped...

Let's see what can happen, even if substance wise it is distant to a common position...
...,...