[governance] United Airlines 'Network Outage' Snarls Air Travel

Riaz K Tayob riaz.tayob at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 04:53:08 EDT 2012

Not so clear cut I am afraid (not saying there should not be
contingencies...) technology attenuates (strengthens, compensates,
enhances, etc) humans... because well we are partly so ill adapted to
our environment (hence a "technological fetish",however commodified or
not)... and this brings convenience... so we use technology... and at
some point as someone famous once said, technology uses us...

it is a dialectical relationship...