[governance] CGI.br holds its 1st itinerant open meeting

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 15:52:17 EDT 2012

This is really awesome Marilia especially that they are open meetings in
several Braziliian cities. Congratulations CGI.br It is important that
discussions are encouraged at grassroots level.

I will send the link to the people in Timor Leste also who speak Portugese
as I am sure they will be interested.

Best wishes and please keep us updated.

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 6:58 AM, Marilia Maciel <mariliamaciel at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I would like to share the information that CGI.br has started today an
> initiative of holding open meetings in several Brazilian cities, to help
> with the democratization and outreach of internet governance issues. The
> Civil Rights Framework, network neutrality, principles for Internet
> Governance, infrastructure and security issues are on the agenda of this
> first two-day meeting that is being held in the city of Manaus, capital of
> the state of Amazonas.
>
> The idea is to communicate the activities that are being developed by
> CGI.br and to listen to the views and needs of local people, to incorporate
> this in CGI's policies. Most of the members of CGI's multistakeholder
> steering committee are there, which is great.
>
> The link to the live webcast is: http://cgi.br/reuniao-manaus/  (in
> Portuguese only).
>
> Another recent development was the creation of multistakeholder
> consultative chambers on issues such as access, digital content, security,
> innovation, education, to help to introduce different perspectives to CGI's
> steering committee discussions. The first meeting of these chambers took
> place last month and an annual plan of action is being finalized. I would
> be happy to share further information about that.
>
> Best wishes!
> MarĂ­lia
>

> --
> Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade