[governance] Net neutrality debate goes to the ITU WCIT

Vladimir Radunovic vladar at diplomacy.edu
Fri Sep 7 08:31:41 EDT 2012

Dear colleagues,

As you might have followed, ETNO (the European association of telecom
operators) has submitted a proposal within ITU WCIT process asking the ITR
to allow a multi-tier Internet - i.e. that  '...the operators are free to
negotiate commercial agreements beyond best effort' as their chair
Gambardella explained.

It is a very interesting move: the telecom operators asking for a global
regulation on net neutrality (well, against it, in fact) to prevent moves of
the national regulations...

I have reflected on both the subject and the process in my recent blog:
http://www.diplomacy.edu/blog/net-neutrality-debate-goes-itu-wcit
I would appreciate your views (you can use comments option on the blog page
for easier records)

Best,

	Vlada

***
The latest from Diplo...
Diplo's 2013 Master/Postgraduate Diploma in Contemporary Diplomacy focusses
on contemporary issues and challenges in theory and practice of diplomacy.
Apply by 30 September 2012: http://www.diplomacy.edu/courses/MAPGD
***

Vladimir Radunovic
Internet Governance and e-Diplomacy