[governance] Re: Choice of venue for meetings

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 07:45:11 EDT 2012

hi,

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 7:37 AM, Chaitanya Dhareshwar
<chaitanyabd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, I meant The host nation selection process.

The way host nations are chosen is sort of a black box, it seems that
some countries volunteer, hoping to burnish their image or bring visitor
revenue, and there is some UN process whereby one is selected, and if two
or more volunteer, they work out which country gets which year.

there isn't a long line of nations volunteering for this, barely
enough to plan for a year or two out.

We don't get any intangible benefits per se, although some members
have a little holiday around the IGF.

Holiday in Baku??  I'm going to pass.

--
Cheers,