[governance] global events in non-democratic countries

Koven Ronald kovenronald at aol.com
Wed Sep 5 02:31:09 EDT 2012

And on what basis would you contend the contrary ?

I'm an active member of the Tunisia Monitoring Group, and we have noted the reluctance of the new authorities to enact meaningful free speech/press freedom measures.I refer you to various TMG alerts on the situation. The resignation in frustration of Kamel Labidi as head of the official body formed to promote media freedom measures speaks volumes. He is about to testify on the deterioration of the situation before the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva. When I was in Tunis for World Press Freedom Day this May, lack of official commitment to furthering media freedom was obvious. There are numerous well-documented concrete signs and examples.

Bests, Rony Koven