[governance] global events in non-democratic countries

Fahd A. Batayneh fahd.batayneh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 13:48:17 EDT 2012

In Jordan, and in order to tighten up what the media publishes, the
government started with censoring the Internet, and then a couple of days
later they try to pass a law with the speed of light restricting the media
from publishing flaws of the government, or writing negatively about the
ruling family of Jordan.

It was obvious for many of us that Internet censorship was the first
building block of regulating media freedom of expression online.

Fahd