[governance] ITRs

Dr. Alejandro Pisanty Baruch apisan at unam.mx
Tue Oct 30 13:39:03 EDT 2012

David, Karl, all,

Desde: governance-request at lists.igcaucus.org [governance-request at lists.igcaucus.org] en nombre de David Conrad [drc at virtualized.org]
Enviado el: martes, 30 de octubre de 2012 09:48
Hasta: governance at lists.igcaucus.org
Asunto: Re: [governance] ITRs

Karl,

On Oct 30, 2012, at 12:14 AM, Karl Auerbach <karl at cavebear.com> wrote:
> The idea of "State control over Internet routing system" makes my head spin.
[much accurate stuff deleted]

I suspect this is policy wonk code for national-level control/administration of RPKI/BGPSEC.

AP: Not in more than a couple countries IMO. Far less sophisticated. Stuff like "IP addresses are alphanumeric identifiers, therefore they should be under national numbering plan" kinda. Memories of a decade or decade and a half but some never noticed when that ship left the port. The mirage still blinds them.

Alejandro Pisanty

Regards,
-drc