[governance] Africa to launch own Internet exchange point

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Thu Oct 25 13:58:05 EDT 2012

Without going into specifics consider some explanations. No names named and this is not specifically in the nixi context

Forced peering because at least some telcos that control international bandwidth may not be willing to let local ISPs peer and use cheaper local connectivity, instead forcing them to route their packets out through an international gateway and bill far higher

The usual "why should I peer with you when I believe you should buy transit from me?" Magnified, lots.

Settlement for much the same reason.

--srs (iPad)