[governance] WSIS goals: what happened to them?

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Wed Oct 24 10:44:41 EDT 2012

Dear all,

APC would like to invite civil society organisations that participated
in the WSIS process and that are concerned in some way with the WSIS
goal of building a 'people-centred information society' to participate
in a survey we are conducting as part of our WSIS +10 efforts.

The survey's goal is to assess civil society's views on progress (or
lack of progress) in achieving the WSIS goals, particularly the goals
that we put in the civil society declaration in 2003: "Shaping the
information society for human needs".

www.itu.int/wsis/docs/geneva/civil-society-declaration.pdf

The survey is available at:
<https://www.apc.org/limesurvey/index.php?sid=77768&newtest=Y&lang=en>

The deadline for completing the survey is: Monday 5 November 2012.

IGC people's inputs are really essential to this process. Please try to
make the time to respond.

Best regards,

Anriette
anriette esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
executive director, association for progressive communications
www.apc.org
po box 29755, melville 2109
south africa
tel/fax +27 11 726 1692