[governance] U.S. - Japan Policy Cooperation Dialogue on the Internet Economy

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Tue Oct 23 11:47:03 EDT 2012

On Oct 23, 2012, at 1:07 AM, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:
> I had asked, why should US and Japan develop "an international framework to support cloud computing" and not all countries - developed and developing - together do it?

Because it was a meeting between the US and Japan, not all countries?

> And since Alejandro mentions 'ugly imperialists' , I will like to say that it is in unilaterally imposing governance frameworks developed by rich countries over the whole world that 'ugly imperialism' comes in.

How exactly does two countries having talks and coming out with a statement saying they agree to a couple of things and that they'll take those things to other fora "unilaterally impose governance frameworks ... over the whole world"?

Is there anything stopping sets of other countries from coming up with their own frameworks and taking them to Dubai too?

Regards,
-drc