[governance] U.S. - Japan Policy Cooperation Dialogue on the Internet Economy

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Mon Oct 22 15:56:07 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Oct 22, 2012, at 8:35 AM, Chaitanya Dhareshwar <chaitanyabd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Increasing the digital divide more like - the fastest clouds would be in the most developed countries and thus the entire "cloud computing investment" will go: to the most developed countries.

Actually, the "fastest clouds" are the ones that are closest (network topologically) to you. Tying two threads together, I'd think "local" cloud service providers deploying at in-country IXPs would likely out-perform any cloud service provider at the other end of a long fiber (or worse, satellite connection).

Regards,
-drc