[governance] Africa to launch own Internet exchange point

annan ebenezer siliconvalley2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 20 00:17:10 EDT 2012

HI ,the
implementation  of the African Union's African Internet Exchange System(AXIS) is in the right
direction. Systems and internet infrastructure thatbenefit our common  aspiration are of
great interest. we request that those with expertness  in the field work with government ,civil society and take inputs
from other stakeholder bodies like the Academia etc,  in designing  technologies that
respond  with time. IXP points have positive effecton our economies in terms
of  cost of doing business among ourselves in the integration process
and the larger world. Since it  also creates a certain political clout as a part of  what I call ‘the
larger Pan African project, all  effort should be  made to explains its
geopolitical ,social and economic dimensions to the ordinary  citizenry. As a continent,
we still have reminders of  lack of the political will among our countries or is it that our
experts have not,as yet worked hard to curtailed the fact that most of  calls have to be  routed to the  the Americas and Europe before
reaching  its destination in Africa. We currently have the advantage asthe head of the ITU body
in breaking down neoliberal policies thathave over the years hindered our freedomin its entirety. Independence isnot only in political freedom from our colonial masters but a full suite that
needed to be exhausted.
ebenezer Annang

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=28952112&trk=tab_pro