[governance] Open Invitation to IGF Workshop 146

Luca Belli lucabelli at hotmail.it
Tue Oct 16 04:41:43 EDT 2012

Dear list members,
This mail is to invite you to the IGF Workshop 146 “Intellectual Property Rights and the freedom to share: are the two compatible?” that will take place at the Baku Expo Exhibition and Convention Centre (room 4) on November 8th from 11:00 to 12:30 (GMT +4).
The workshop has been organised by a group of alumni of the ISOC Next Generation Leaders Programme under the mentorship of the Internet Society and will focus on the tension between the fundamental intellectual property rights – notably, copyright – and “the more liberal freedom to share, which is a unique attribute of the emerging information society and represents the quintessence of the right to receive and impart information and ideas”.
The purpose of the workshop is to trigger a dynamic discussion between the attendees and the panellists in order to analyse the different nuances of the issues at stake. For this reason, we welcome the participation of the audience, be it on-site or remote.
Knowing that many members of this list are truly passionate about IPR issues, we urge you to join our debate and share with us your standpoint.
Further details on the workshop may be found here http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/w2012/proposals
Further details on the ISOC Next Generation Leaders Programme may be found here http://www.internetsociety.org/
Please, feel free to circulate this invitation.
We look forward to meeting you in Baku. Best regards
The organisers of the IGF workshop 146

Luca Belli
Doctorant en Droit PublicCERSA,Université Panthéon-AssasSorbonne University