[governance] Bad signs ? IGF inside Bakutel ?

Joao Carlos Caribe caribe at entropia.blog.br
Mon Oct 15 14:07:50 EDT 2012

I'm just checking the IGF 2012 meeting venue at Baku Expo Exhibition and Convention Center and checking the Expo Center schedule I found on the date of IGF other event called "Bakutel"
http://www.bakuexpocenter.az/en/exhibitions.php

BAKUTEL
18th Azerbaijan International
Telecommunications and Information Technologies
Exhibition and Conference
November 6-9

Oh my, it could be one misunderstanding, so when I checked the Bakutel site, that's it the logo of IGF on the right side, and the most recent news on Bakutel is the UN IGF announce http://www.bakutel.az/2012/?p=news__read&t=top&q=56&l=en

It may be some misinterpretation, but my perception leads me to believe that the organizers put the IGF as an event within the Bakutel, or something in the background. But either way it's quite a coincidence that at a time we strive to show the world that the Internet is not an appendix telecommunications, WICT on how they want to define, ICTs within the definition of telecommunications.

What really awaits us in this issue of the IGF? An invasion of telecom executives is a concrete probability ...

--
João Carlos Caribé
Publicitário e Consultor de mídias sociais
caribe at entropia.blog.br
twitter @caribe / skype joaocaribe
(21) 8761 1967