[governance] CS Speakers for Baku

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Sun Oct 7 12:01:01 EDT 2012

Dear people,

I thank everyone who indicated my name (Carlos A. Afonso, "c.a.") as
speaker, and understand this is an indication for one of two speakers on
behalf of a stakeholder group.

When I accepted this mission to do a similar speech on Dec.12, 2003, at
Plenary Session 4 of WSIS in Geneva, we built the speech collectively --
not an easy task, we all know!

So, anyone who will be speaking there on our (civil society's) behalf,
should in my view do the same, voicing a carefully, collectively
prepared consensus discourse.

fraternal regards

--c.a.

ps: bluntly, I do not feel represented by an American USAID contractor
living in Washington DC. There several other excellent suggestions.