[governance] CS Speakers for Baku

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Wed Oct 3 10:01:26 EDT 2012

Dear list,
Thank you for the many great nominations.
We need to select two speakers.

I think it is important that we select according to the
mutually agreed principles.

As usual, we need to consider gender and regional balance. So, at
least one each, unless we have two female speakers, which is just fine
in my view.

I think she or he should be relevant to the Civil society activities,
not confined by IGC itself, but broader interests of the CS in terms
of Internet governance.

As was pointed out, the relevance with the host might be another
factor. Relevance with development agenda should be also considered.

For those who have nominated someone, could you please confirm if he
or she is willing to accept?
Unfortunately, we have no travel support for the speakers, per se. So,
please also confirm that she or he will be able to travel to Baku.

So far, most, if not all, of the nominees seem to be filling these criteria.

I like to see more discussions, support, new names, seconds etc for a
couple of days, and then we need to close.

I propose to setup a poll, run for 48 hours and then select the winner.

Is this OK with you? Or, please suggest any alternative or additional thouhts.

best,

izumi