[governance]http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/27/net-us-un-internet-idUSBRE8AQ06320121127

Dr. Alejandro Pisanty Baruch apisan at unam.mx
Fri Nov 30 15:40:32 EST 2012

Mike,

let's assume - without conceding - that an overarching structure, or an underlying platform, is needed and is feasible. At least let's make this become an interesting exercise.

Can you provide a skeleton of a design - just a prototype - which reconciliates ITU, WIPO, and WTO rulings for the Internet? Let's start with the simple part, known insittutions with fixed rules and participation of a small number of stakeholder groups in the decision-making.

Adding Internet-proper Internet governance should be easy after that is solved, right?

BTW if you prefer to start at the opposite end - say create an overarching structure or underlying platform to deal with phishing - I'm sure it will be equally instructive.

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

! !! !!! !!!!
NEW PHONE NUMBER - NUEVO NÚMERO DE TELÉFONO

+52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD

+525541444475 DESDE MÉXICO

SMS +525541444475
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
UNAM, Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org